Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What Gear I Carry in the Wilderness

High tech gadgets are no substitute for proper training and preparedness!
During nearly 45 years of wandering around the world’s backcountry I have developed a collection of equipment that has frequently saved my bacon! Equipment that, on more than one occasion, changed a potentially life threatening situation into an inconvenient night out.
Some would call my collection of gear a “survival kit.”  The mountain men of the Rocky Mountain West would call it a “possibles kit. I call the collection “my emergency gear” and always have it with me – what good is your emergency kit if you don’t have it along?
Over the years the contents of my kit have changed. As new equipment came along that was better and lighter than the gear I used it replaced the old.
To read the rest of the story, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment